New Member Spotlight: Abbie Leeson, The Ginger People
- Why did you join the SFPFS?
We were members many years ago and then moved our ginger business to the Monterey Peninsula. We’ve decided to return to the SFPFS to reconnect with the members and take part in its activities.
- How is food connected your career?
We’ve been in the food business over 30 years. Our brand is The Ginger People.
- Are you associated with any philanthropic cause related to the food industry?
Yes. Through our Arjuna brand, we have a revenue contribution program called Arjuna Share. The program supports the organic ginger farmers who grow ginger for us on Mount Arjuna in East Java.
- What chefs or blogs do you follow?
As many as possible, in the US, Australia and Europe.
- What is your favorite restaurant in the Bay Area?
Still searching for that one. For now, Boulevard.